• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Share your favorite movies here

My favorite movie is Inception (2010). It's a mind-bending science fiction thriller that follows a skilled thief who possesses the ability to enter people's dreams and steal their secrets. Amazing and different concept!
That's a great movie. Like a lot of great movies, it requires a few rewatches to truly appreciate them.

Upvote 0
right now it is anything that Christopher Nolan has done. none of his movies suck. i am so chomping at the bits for his newest movie Oppenheimer. it loooooooks sooooooo gooooood!!!!!!!!

I can't wait for the Oppenheimer movie. I high school I did a school project on the Manhattan Project. That's when I first learned about him. Since then, I have always admired his abilities and achievements. Whenever somebody mentions the atomic bomb, Eientien probably comes to mind. For me, it's Oppenheimer. Several years ago, I read American Prometheus. It was a great book and I really learned a lot about this great man and the ill fortune that befell him. I was excited to learn it was being adapted to the screen. I got chills watching the trailer in theaters. Have you read the book?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My favorite movie is Inception (2010). It's a mind-bending science fiction thriller that follows a skilled thief who possesses the ability to enter people's dreams and steal their secrets. Amazing and different concept!

I goes to Pirate Bay and downloads it on bittorrent. Mainly because I haven't seen it yet. I do remember Inception been offered on an Aeroflot flight Beijing to Moscow. But I didn't watch it at the time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I goes to Pirate Bay and downloads it on bittorrent. Mainly because I haven't seen it yet. I do remember Inception been offered on an Aeroflot flight Beijing to Moscow. But I didn't watch it at the time.
Oh, you're in for a treat! If you enjoy mind-bending movies, I highly recommend watching Inception. It's definitely worth the time. Let me know what you think once you've seen it!

Upvote 0
I was really shocked. Didn't expect it at all. My all-time favorite movie had always been The Empire Strikes Back.

After watching a few episodes of the original cartoon series, however, I ordered the Blu-ray of Speed Racer last September.

It blew me away. The Wachowski Brothers had to create new methods of filming just to shoot it... and, in 2008, critics and moviegoers alike rejected the movie. Of course, Warner Brothers is to blame for foolishly trying to compete with Iron Man and The Dark Knight - it's no surprise that Speed Racer took a beating at the box office.

After 12 years, however, the movie has experienced a renaissance. It's become clear that the oversaturation, the 2-dimensionality of it (where virtually everything is in focus) is intentional. It's live-action anime. Then, there's the all-star cast who performed beautifully - not only remaining true to the original Speed Racer cartoons (and its Japanese source, Mach Go Go Go, but adding more depth and purpose to their characters. It's a classic story about a small family, committed to the sport of autombile racing, against a big-money tycoon with limitless resources, bent on destroying them to maintain control.

I can't tell you how many times I've watched this movie over the last six months. I still find small details that were pulled right out of the cartoon series; and am astonished by how unrealistic that world is... but also by how easy it is to suspend disbelief and enjoy that world because the characters are so believable and sincere, and so comfortable there. There's a huge public push for Warner Brothers to release the 4K UHD version of the movie because it was a film way ahead of its time.

My new all-time favorite movie is SPEED RACER.

Reactions: ocnbrze
the pirate bay and Bittorrent still exists?

Bittorrent is a protocol, it's still very much used to distribute files and content, e.g. Linux distros are often offered via bittorrent. The Pirete Bay is still around, although depending on your ISP, you may need to use a VPN to access it.

Does this mean that Runescape and Club Penguin still exists as well?

I believe Runescape still exists, the website is still current.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones