• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Shipping date speculation

I'm in the same boat. Ordered on the 13th and no notice or charge yet.

My aggravation so far is really just around how they set expectations. When I ordered it said 1-2 weeks, which I understood given the demand. But around the middle of last week, my order list in Play suddenly showed a date of 7/20, even though Wallet just showed the original order. So I've been checking since Friday hoping for some good news and getting nothing. If they had just communicated the original schedule, I would have been fine. Assuming it actually shows up this week, of course. :)

Thanks for the heads up Zizkov, I checked play and both my orders were adjusted to the 24th! What's up with that Google? Like you Wallet still shows both of my original purchase dates... :thinking:

Upvote 0
Got fed up with getting no response from Google Play, so I have ordered from Tescos Direct who had some stock yesterday.

I specified express delivery and it is now listed as dispatched! I now have a Yodel tracking number and its expected to be delivered tomorrow!

But I cant cancel my Google order, so I may end up with 2, and I'll have to return the Google one.

Lets hope it problem free.

Bloody stupid mess Google, thanks.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the heads up Zizkov, I checked play and both my orders were adjusted to the 24th! What's up with that Google? Like you Wallet still shows both of my original purchase dates... :thinking:

That means your devices are probably getting loaded on a truck. Mine did that last Thursday morning at 2 AM. When I checked the tracking number that finally showed up on Friday that was when UPS did the Origin Scan.

Reactions: ma12c0p0l0
Upvote 0
My order on Play has been moved to the top again (second time) and credit card has funds held again (third time). Here's hoping for something good today.

I hope that bodes well for you dodgerfan1953. Were you a pre or post 7/11 order? I'm just trying to gauge whether they are finally clearing out all the pre-orders.

Upvote 0
Ordered 16 GB Nexus 7 through Google Play on July 12th and this morning Google Wallet shows UPS Tracking (shipped on 24th). This seems to agree with the eamail Google sent last regarding Pre-Orders at least:

"... Orders placed after July 11, will ship next week with overnight shipping.

If you’d like more detailed information on device shipments, please reference our online Help Centerhttp://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2667319

Thanks for your patience. Your Nexus 7 will be on its way soon.

The Google Play Team"

Now I hope the "Overnight" shipping thing actually happens.

Cheers :)

Upvote 0
I'm confused as to where everyone is getting their info. I show they received my order on the 13th in Google wallet. But I keep reading things like "Moved to the top" and I'm a little lost as this is my first dealings with Google.
When you log into the Play store on your PC and View your orders the order date on that screen gets updated to today, not the day you actually order.

For me I originally ordered on 7/5 but on the date the finally shipped mine the order date changed to 7/19. It is on the play side, not in wallet. When you log into Wallet, you may find your tracking number there before you receive a shipping notification (see below).
16gb ordered on Play on 10 July, arrived today.

shame i've already bought one on the high street last week :rolleyes:
still, the wife will be happy she gets her own!
I'm sure she will be happy to have one too. Congrats again.
Same here. I bet I've checked my Google Wallet 50 times this morning...no change.

My Wallet didn't change (other than moving to the top of the list) until it was "Out for Delivery." Then eight hours after I had them in my hands I got the Shipping Confirmation from Google.:rolleyes:

Reactions: ma12c0p0l0
Upvote 0
I'm confused as to where everyone is getting their info. I show they received my order on the 13th in Google wallet. But I keep reading things like "Moved to the top" and I'm a little lost as this is my first dealings with Google.

From Google Play scroll to the very bottom and click on "My Orders and Settings". That will take you to your Play store items such as apps downloaded and devices purchased. Your Nexus 7 will have been sitting down a bit (if you have done any activity on Google Play) based on date. When Google has any activity on your Nexus 7 the date will change and it will jump to the top. Then you know "something" is happening.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
Do you all remember that I accidentally ordered six when I meant to order two, and was unsure right up until delivery how many I would actually be getting?

Well, this morning I got a surprise e-mail from google saying they had another tracking number for me, dated July 10, three packages. *headscratch* I don't know what's going on but I will follow up on this for sure.. :/

Upvote 0
Do you all remember that I accidentally ordered six when I meant to order two, and was unsure right up until delivery how many I would actually be getting?

Well, this morning I got a surprise e-mail from google saying they had another tracking number for me, dated July 10, three packages. *headscratch* I don't know what's going on but I will follow up on this for sure.. :/

I remembered it being mentioned, forgot it was you. Accept on, refuse the other two. You just have to figure out which of the three is the correct one. Didn't you order two 8's and then decide to go with 2 16's?

Upvote 0
When you log into the Play store on your PC and View your orders the order date on that screen gets updated to today, not the day you actually order.

For me I originally ordered on 7/5 but on the date the finally shipped mine the order date changed to 7/19. It is on the play side, not in wallet. When you log into Wallet, you may find your tracking number there before you receive a shipping notification :

Learned something new today...and it shows today date listed!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones