• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Slow Reconnect times on Samsung Tab A (2019)

garhof

Lurker
Sep 23, 2020
Hi! Thought I'd bring this to somwehere that specializes in Android!

We are using Samsung tab A's (2019) for a custom app we are putting out for customers. they are constantly loading and then leaving wifi area and coming back for products about every 15 to 20 minutes. The app works great in the office, but out in the field, we are having problems with them reconnecting to the provided AP. If we let them sit for 3-4 minutes they reconnect. if we have the customers click on settings, wifi, and then search, it starts the process and they reconnect. We cant have the customers going through that each time though, it leaves alot of chances for messing something up and for them to start playing around with other settings in the tablets that we dont want changed.

if we have them sit and wait, they are adding almost 2 hours a way to their day (they are arriving and leaving for each trip about 30 times a day).

We had them connected to a ubiquiti unifi AP, tried our old and trusty Airmax AP, and a regular TP Link, all 3 with the same results.

Are there any other settings we can try? or are these just slow to find the wireless?

I tried in the office connected to our AirCube - tablet was 1-4 minutes reconnect when in range, my phone (samsung S8) was 30 seconds to a minute. I was walking though the dense part of the building -metal cubes - till both disconnected and then walked back - about 120 feet. test was about 10 times.

Any ideas that i can try would be great! Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones