• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SMTP fails with 3

not sure if this is the problem - but relaying SMTP (outgoing mail) through 1 and 1 on the 3g signal will not work.

you have to have the po settings for your incoming as teh 1 and 1 settings and the SMTP set to 3s own smtp settings.

pop comes in smtp goes out (sorry if you already know this)

You will however be able to send via wi-fi on 1 and ones smtp settings but not 3g.

Upvote 0
Just seen this post and thanks for the info on the ports! I have been having tremendous trouble with three trying to get my outbound email to work when I am away from home. My ISP has been telling me it needs to be three's smtp server and three keep telling me it needs to be my ISP's. They are completely and absolutely incompetent and clueless and none of them can speak fluent english or understand what you are telling them, either that or they just don't listen to their customers. I will give these other ports a try but I am not too confident that they will work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones