• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To Speed up FingerPrint Scanner

NightAngel79

Mandalorian
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Northern Ky
This is BY FAR the best tip I've ever seen. I haven't re-scanned fingers yet (you should) but the other 2 tips have garnered performance gains immediately! Life changing!! (lol, not really of course, but this is/was biggest gripe of this phone for me)

Essentially:

1. For a single fingerprint profile, scan both thumbs, switching back and forth (see video)

2. Go to Biometric preferences and turn off screen transition effect

3. Go to 'optimize battery usage' and change filter to 'All' scroll to 'com.samsung.android.biometrics' and turn off optimize.

Boom, that's it!

Give it a try and let us know if you see any improvements!!

Reactions: ARAMP1 and MrJavi
I was also thinking of getting this phone, In case if they did not have the Moto g 7 play. :)
Thanks man :) Cheers my friend.

I did step 2 and 3 and have seen an improvement. I need to delete what I have and follow all his steps, just haven't felt like re-enabled fingerprint in every app again (you have to each time you change something with fingerprints)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones