• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Switchables.....

Vicdude

Android Enthusiast
Jun 2, 2010
Nottingham UK
Does anyone use them? Basically it appears that if you are on a Panther plan, you can have these apps that will:

Not be counted in your data plan and
Not carry an extra subscription charge

So I'm thinking, OK, so i've got a 5.3 SAMOLED HD Screen, might as well use it and the thought of a bit of Sky Sports kind of appealed to me.

It just seems to me that essentiallty, unlimited TV that DOESN'T Eat into my data package seems a little too good to be true.

Anyone use the service and are there any catches?

:D

I started my Panther package in July last year but Orange didn't introduce Swapables until September. I had Photo Messaging which I never used so I've just changed plans to get Swapables instead. Having done that Orange are now saying there is a major problem with Swapables - the selection process isn't accessible, their tech guys are supposedly trying to resolve the issue.

Watch this space!!.

Went onto Orangeworld an hour or so ago and the Swapable selection page was available!!! I've downloaded the Deezer app and spent the last hour finding my way around the various options. Up to now I would give it 10/10 but I guess it's early days yet. Deezer was always going to be my first choice - I love my music - my problem now is deciding what to select for my second one - will probably try the daily puzzle for the next 30 days.

Reactions: Vicdude
Upvote 0
Anybody with a NOTE installed swapables? I get conflicting information regarding the compatability of the phone. If I check from the swappables info/home page, it is not but if I look via the actual swapable app, then it says that it is.
I installed swapables onto the other halfs Samsung Galaxy S2 last night without any issues so it seems odd that the Note wouldn't be compatible....I hate stuff like this, not the problem but dealing with bloody call centres...... :(

The staff in Mumbai have no idea what is going on, 24hr delay, 48 hr, and now 7-10 days....
I feel a credit coming on ;)

Upvote 0
I've finally been told the "truth"
Apparently, when I upgraded my phone, I retained my old Panther contract. AS a result, this means that I do not qualify for the swapables!!!
As you can imagine, this didn't go down very well as I don't see it as my responsibility to know that there was such a thing as an old and a new panther contract.... What a load of old bollox.
Thankfully, I insisted at the time of negotiating the contract, that they send me an email or text, CLEARLY itemising the package before I agree to anything. There on the text and email, in broad daylight for all to see was 2 x swapables.
I'd recommend that everyone do that. Get something in writing from the salesperson who is putting your contract together. DON'T wait for the confirmation to come through the post because if it is wrong, it is a bastard to get straightened out. With a text/email, it gets sorted instantly. They also tried to remove my 50 picture messages and replace it with a bundle of 15!!!!
Nice try but sorry..... not my problem.
It goes a long way to ensuring that the sales rep on the end of the phone doesn't get all carried away and promise you the world to earn their commission. We've all been there, trying to sort a problem out just to be told that the person doesn't work there anymore or even worse, being told that the deal that you are "Claiming" is impossible. Basically being called a liar!! :mad:
Anyway, I'll let you know on the 15th how I get on "Apparently they couldn't flick a switch or tick an activation box until then. We'll see!! :(

Reactions: D-U-R-X
Upvote 0
So here we are then.... the 16th and guess what? Nothing has changed :(
I drives me mad..... The ownus is now on ME to go through the hassle of phoning up, getting through to the right person, RE explaining everything for them to tell me I can't have it, Then they will read the notes and tell me that the bloke before shouldn't have offered it etc etc etc...... Just looked at my account online and the bundles/package/tariff is totally and utterly wrong.... WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH YOU LOT!!! :mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones