• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is this?

tracerz

Lurker
Oct 7, 2023
Screenshot_20231007-123655_Tags.jpg

ok just an fyi, if you have something that you cannot explain, does not mean that you have been hacked. getting hacked is a very hard thing to happen. but that does not mean you should not be cautious. but that also means that you should over-react to every little thing that happens on your phone.

.......just saying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ok just an fyi, but something that you cannot explain, does not mean that you have been hacked. getting hacked is a very hard thing to happen. but that does not mean you should not be cautious. but that also means that you should over-react to every little thing that happens on your phone.

.......just saying

I had the opposite issue. Dealt with many who didn't want to believe that BonziBuddy and Butterfly on your Desktop were malware. It was just 'cute' software to them. that and their 50 IE toolbars.

we need more people wary of any weird behavior on our devices today. if I saw that and didn't know what was going on, I'd be worried myself. i used to get incoming calls that said in a really creepy robotic voice, 'goodbye' and hang up. I still don't understand that one and it creeped me the heck out

Does anyone remember Airpush in Android? that justifiably made me skeptical of anything that is outside of what I view as normal. I don't even use a smartphone much these days, so anything that's not music playing or a text message is outside normal for me. The more the government attempts to force me into a dystopian future, the more I retreat to the '50s way of life.

But that aside, I had similar issues trying to convince people that anything Cheetah Mobile made was garbage. That and task killers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones