• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who is Kargo.com and why are they bleeding my balance?

gp4959

Lurker
Feb 22, 2011
I've only had the phone for a week. Yesterday I signed up for automatic top-ups and it immediately put $10.00 in my balance. When I got up today I saw another $10 transfer. I pulled up my acct on .com and it showed three $2.99 xtras at 11:04pm which dropped my balance and created the second automatic top-up. I called support first thing this morning and was told to text STOP to 99799. The response that came back was from kargo.com. Has anyone else experienced this?

VM did credit my account.

Thanks!

Did you try to have a ringtone or something sent to your phone? Anytime they ask you to text a code to somewhere and they'll send you something, it is like a subscription. That's where the $2.99 fee came from. Worse yet, they might keep billing you monthly for the same fee until you text the STOP code as VM instructed you to do!

Best bet is to use something free like Zedge for ringtones and wallpapers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones