• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will Cricket get the hot new Huawei IDEOS X5 - POLL

What US Carrier will get the new Huawei IDEOS X5 ? What's your best guess? And why?

• MetroPCS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • T-Mobile

• Verizon

• US Cellular

• Nextel

• AT&T

• Boost

• TracFone

• other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My feeling is that Huawei, in keeping with it's attempt to bring a reasonably priced, yet high performance, Android into the market they will "dance with the one who brought them"!

Cricket has done a great job of selling the Huawei Ascend to their pre-paid customer base. And their 5 year contract with Sprint gives them greater 3G coverage.

I don't think that MetroPCS has had as high a success ratio, but I'm not sure.

T-Mobile or Sprint would be my best guess if they go with a larger provider.

But I'm not saying here who I voted for! :)

Okay! I voted for Cricket! LOL :D

Upvote 0
i voted cricket.

im hoping the x6 comes to cricket as well

I saw that, Guy! I read an article a few days ago that verified that Cricket is definitely going to get the X5 and the X6. And the X6 might even be here before the X5.

I love the features of the X6 and it has a bigger screen. 4.1

I don't know that I can handle anything bigger than the Ascend. It almost too big for me. My hands aren't that big!

It makes me wonder if the manufacturers ever think about women when they design these things. :p

Upvote 0
I saw that, Guy! I read an article a few days ago that verified that Cricket is definitely going to get the X5 and the X6. And the X6 might even be here before the X5.

I love the features of the X6 and it has a bigger screen. 4.1

I don't know that I can handle anything bigger than the Ascend. It almost too big for me. My hands aren't that big!

It makes me wonder if the manufacturers ever think about women when they design these things. :p

I think Cricket will get it,for the reasons you stated,& also to keep customers interested l,plus,it makes sense considering the customer base that gravitates to Cricket,someone who wants a decent phone w/no contract.They don't have a big selection,but its usually cheap enough to upgrade when they get something nicer in stock.Too bad they don't have an upgrade discount,instead of charging an extra fee for the privilige.Even Verizon is doing away w/their discounted upgrade program for loyal long-term customers,(see CNET or egadget),the only carrier remaining that did so.
Oh,I suppose a DROID X flashed to Cricket would be out of the question for you, Jazziette? :•)
Seriously though,your question is a valid one.MAYBE someone out there agrees with you,check the specs on the new EVO SLIDER.

Upvote 0
I think Cricket will get it,for the reasons you stated,& also to keep customers interested l,plus,it makes sense considering the customer base that gravitates to Cricket,someone who wants a decent phone w/no contract.They don't have a big selection,but its usually cheap enough to upgrade when they get something nicer in stock.Too bad they don't have an upgrade discount,instead of charging an extra fee for the privilige.Even Verizon is doing away w/their discounted upgrade program for loyal long-term customers,(see CNET or egadget),the only carrier remaining that did so.
Oh,I suppose a DROID X flashed to Cricket would be out of the question for you, Jazziette? :•)
Seriously though,your question is a valid one.MAYBE someone out there agrees with you,check the specs on the new EVO SLIDER.

Actually I have had a really nice LG phone that was flashed to Cricket. It wasn't a Droid but it was very nice. I gave it to my boyfriend who isn't interested in Droids and uses a phone just for business basically. He loves it.

The only problem with a fully flashed phone, as I understand it, is that some of the features will not work on the phone unless you are with the original carrier. I am happy with the Ascend so far even though it would be nice if it was faster, the sound was better, the camera had auto focus and a LED flash, it had Gingerbread, it had flashplayer, it was at 1000Mhz instead of topin at 600Mhz, it ran on 4G LTE....uhhhhh

I think I DO need a new phone!!! LOL :D

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones