• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Xiaomi redmi pad se folder error

I know the case the OP is talking about. He/She is going to access the folder, \Internal device\Android\data, with the stock File Manager app. This has become a special folder on Android 13 devices. Check a screenshot as below.
Xiaomi_File Mgr couldnot browse android_data folder.jpg

Upvote 0
what's the error? what data folder are you talking about? what exactly are you trying to do?

just remember the more details you give us, the better we can help.
the folders in the android-data folder, how to open them?

what's the error? what data folder are you talking about? what exactly are you trying to do?

just remember the more details you give us, the better we can help.
it says: xiaomi file manager: failed to access items, try using android storage access framework instead, what is it and how do you do it?

I know the case the OP is talking about. He/She is going to access the folder, \Internal device\Android\data, with the stock File Manager app. This has become a special folder on Android 13 devices. Check a screenshot as below.
View attachment 168950
it says: xiaomi file manager: failed to access items, try using android storage access framework instead, what is it and how do you do it?

I know the case the OP is talking about. He/She is going to access the folder, \Internal device\Android\data, with the stock File Manager app. This has become a special folder on Android 13 devices. Check a screenshot as

View attachment 168950

Upvote 0
I don't know if this will help, but I know I had two file manager apps on my Xiaomi / Poco F2 but I "removed" the File Manager app by Xiaomi some time ago and couldn't find it again in the app drawer. It was visible in Settings - Apps but you couldn't launch it from there.
Files (by Google) remained but it won't access system files afaik.

I found the way to bring File Manager (Xiaomi) back (via Reddit) by going to Settings - Apps - Manage Home Screen Shortcuts (for Mi / Xiaomi apps) and tick it there.

I now have the app available in the app drawer. If you open it, the second icon on the top is a folder icon and it takes you to the Android files.

Whether you can find what you need, or you have been this route already, I don't know.

========
Added : Yeh... no. Now I've taken the time to look at those folders they're mostly empty.

(note to self : stop posting on short train rides!)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-21-13-02-24-344_com.mi.android.globallauncher.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-21-13-02-24-344_com.mi.android.globallauncher.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_2023-10-21-13-03-27-063-edit_com.mi.android.globalFileexplorer.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-21-13-03-27-063-edit_com.mi.android.globalFileexplorer.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_2023-10-21-13-03-42-378_com.mi.android.globalFileexplorer.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-21-13-03-42-378_com.mi.android.globalFileexplorer.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones