• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

XT830C (Moto E) Issues

Hi folks! I managed to snag one of those $10 Moto E's from Walmart during Cyber Monday and I've been loving the thing. However, a couple of weeks ago, I started having some issues.

The phone died on me at work, so I went to plug it in. When it was going through the motions, the phone got stuck on the bootup screen and stayed there for about 10 minutes. I reset it several times but eventually it booted up and I didn't think anything of it.

Well a few days go by and randomly, all of my Google Apps start crashing (Hangouts, Gmail, Google App, Play Store, Play Music, etc). I can't use any of them at all, I just get the anonymous 'Unfortunately, [app] has stopped.', with the option for either 'Report' or 'OK' being displayed. Reporting the crashes didn't seem to help at all. I wiped the cache, then the data. This worked for about a day, before everything started crashing again. Turning my phone off/on again resulted only in the frozen boot up screen. I went through a couple of data resets and now I'm at a loss.

Any idea what to make of this and what to do? Currently the phone is sitting in my drawer without power. I tried to turn it on again a couple days ago only to have it freeze at the same point on the boot up screen.

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones