• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ROMs 2.3

Marker88

Jul 16, 2010
So i rooted my incredible and loaded OMFGB (newest version), and i see the protable hotspot, i know i can be terminated but does verizon know im using it aka, will the charge me the 20 bucks, or not charge me at all till they find out i use it a terminate me or w.e?

They could figure out if they really wanted to spend the time and money to.... but in other words, no they won't really figure it out unless you really go overboard on your data use. ie, don't do a lot of streaming or downloading torrent files or attempt to play online games.
And IF they do find out, their usual weapons of choice are either to bill you for what they consider the misuse of data is or just throttle your account for one complete billing cycle (would be throttled from the moment they catch on AND the next complete billing cycle).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones