• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2 apps showing in firewall but nowhere in system apps (nobody & Root)

Today I factory reset my phone as was having some issues. Installed a firewall and did some debloating. Everything running fine but noticed these apps in the firewall but not in the system apps. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220422-221359_NetGuard.jpg
    Screenshot_20220422-221359_NetGuard.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 186
  • Screenshot_20220422-221341_NetGuard.jpg
    Screenshot_20220422-221341_NetGuard.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 120
Keep in mind that when you install a firewall app that you are installing it as a typical user-installed app. So it will work with other user-installed apps but not system-level apps and services. Things running at a system level are protected by system-level permissions. The Netguard app you installed can only work with other user-installed apps and services.

Upvote 0
... Do you think these 2 apps are anything to be concerned about?
I would just leave those system files alone and don't worry about them. You can't do anything through Netguard anyway so it's a non-issue. Be wary but at the same don't get too over-zealous trying to clean up your phone. There are a lot of otherwise weirdly named apps/services/processes that the Android operating system uses, mixed with cruft a lot of apps use when you install them.

Reactions: Betwixtandbetween
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones