• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3 diiferent pics one wallpaper!?!?

stevo101

Feb 22, 2009
I have been trying to hijack other posts so i didn't have to create a new one!(i just decided to try the g1 phone even though it has some downsides) Anyways the reason for this post i wanted to know anyone that is making these wallpapers can split one wallpaper into three different ones so as we scroll into the different pages we have 3 different pages. example: one side black the middle white, the right side blue!! sorta like this but not really you guys get what i'm saying anyone? hello???

Since the wallpaper jpg is not equally divided between the three screens ... it is not possible due to the display overlap between the 3 screen views .... if you make the the center view wide enough to cover the entire portrait view, and say it is 'white' then when you move to either the left or right view ... you will have white overlapping both of them ... and just forget about landscape mode ...

EDIT: well this was the result of my testing with a created image size of 640x480 ... which I think is the proper size for a wallpaper ... Will an over-sized pic just be cropped ?...probably (but i did't try one )

Attachments

• 640x480_g1_Combo.JPG
    640x480_g1_Combo.JPG
    9.5 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 0
@Stevo101 - Jim is right. But your image is actually a great idea! If you go in knowing that things should not have "sharp defined edges" I think you could get your look.

For example, what about a feather on the side of main image, that blends into the right and left image. In portrait mode on the G1, if we assume that the width is 640 pixels wide and 480 pixels high

640/3 = 213 pixels for each panel. But as noted, there is overlap. I would create a center image of 200 pixels wide with a 15pixel blur on the left and right resulting a 230 pixel wide image and then two smaller images of about 200 pixels with a 5 pixel blur on the side that adjoins the center image.

L--200px---5+15blur------230px center------15+5 blur---200px--R

Upvote 0
@Stevo101 - Jim is right. But your image is actually a great idea! If you go in knowing that things should not have "sharp defined edges" I think you could get your look.

For example, what about a feather on the side of main image, that blends into the right and left image. In portrait mode on the G1, if we assume that the width is 640 pixels wide and 480 pixels high

640/3 = 213 pixels for each panel. But as noted, there is overlap. I would create a center image of 200 pixels wide with a 15pixel blur on the left and right resulting a 230 pixel wide image and then two smaller images of about 200 pixels with a 5 pixel blur on the side that adjoins the center image.

L--200px---5+15blur------230px center------15+5 blur---200px--R

yeah thanks for all the replys, i just got my phone today. thats what i was thinking it might over lap, so yeah the example i gave was from some android wallpaer website that kinda had my idea it over laps but its still one wallpaper so its cool it doesnt look strange when it moves over. I hope more peole can make stuff like it but not as busy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones