• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4GLTE or 4G But Nothing Else

la sal

Android Expert
Feb 19, 2011
Waukesha, WI
My mother has Cricket service and has commented that she either has 4GLTE or 4G but no 3G, 2x, etc. If her 4G data drops off, for example, it does not go to 3G, 2X, etc....it goes to no data at all. This can happen when in a good coverage area. She has 5G of high speed LTE and never goes over that limit.

The customer rep said that her data will not drop down to 3G coverage and all she will get is either 4GLTE or 4G? Is this true or is the rep full of it?

Not true.. Go into your network settings (I'll help if you tell me your phone brand) and make sure it isn't set for 4G only..

My phone doesn't have a 4G only setting but a 4G preferred setting so it really depends on the phone.. For my phone you hit settings, network settings, and it's in there

Last edited:
Reactions: la sal
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones