• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help A few questions

nate1995

Lurker
Dec 17, 2014
First is my charger jack is going bad, (yes it's the jack not the charger I'm positive) and I have to play with it until it starts working. Can this be fixed whether myself or at a store?

Second is my music player has been randomly acting up, not only does it randomly close but the volume/tone randomly fluctuates when I'm not even touching the phone. (Tried different headphones and it does the same thing)

Last but not least, I was wondering if unplugging the charger at 100% really does "save energy" like it says, and if I should drain the battery completely after every charge.

Thank you and happy holidays!

1. The store will not fix the jack themselves, they would send it back to the factory if it's still under warranty. If not under warranty, they would send it to a repair shop. You could drop it off for repair yourself and save time and money. If you have the tools and are good with a soldering iron you can fix it yourself for a few bucks.

2. Can't help, sorry.

3. It will save a few cents. Never drain a battery completely if you can avoid it. It shortens the service life of the battery.

Reactions: nate1995
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones