• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

accessories Z Fold 3....what are you getting?

here is what my $80 Spigen Slim Armor Pro looks like on my phone:
20210828_210028.jpg
20210828_210034.jpg
20210828_203525.jpg
20210828_203552.jpg
20210828_203618_2(1).jpg

its a pretty big case, but i love the protection it gives the hinge. it feels so much better then the flip case. it also makes it easier to unfold the phone as well. the s=pen case made it so hard to open.

Upvote 0
I like that Neo Hybrid with the little fold-out stand! I'm ordering that with those Ringke pen holders, and will attach that to the kickstand just below the camera cutout. Problem (hopefully) solved! KUDOS @ocnbrze
keep us posted on how that goes. i'm curious on how well the stand works. i have some ideas on the s-pen holder. i removed the holster on the s-pen flip case. i'm thinking of gluing it to the case. i probably will not be using the Slim Armor Pro though.. i'll get a cheap case to experiment on first. i have to find the right position to glue the holder. i'm thinking on the side opposite of the power button. what would be the best glue for this?

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0
While I await the new case, which probably won't be here for a month, I ordered a better set of screen protectors. We'll see how these perform.
I was told by the Samsung Experience guys that they don't recommend a protector on the inside. They said over time it makes the crease down the middle worse. They did say it was ok for the front screen to be protected with a screen protector.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
i kept the front and inner protector on during the year i had the fold 2. all you need is the factory versions. i would not recommend taking off the inner one to ad a 3rd party one.
so i just cracked the factory screen protector on the front screen. gonna go to a zagg booth at my local mall to replace it with one of there own protectors.

also just a warning for those thinking about the spigen slim armor pro, if you have to take the phone out, the stickers they put inside to help keep the phone in place will wear out. they do give you replacement stickers, but only one set.....and they are super hard to put in.......so keep that in mind if you are going to spend $80 on the case. i might try and see if i can return this one to Amazon and just re-order a new one....after i get a zagg protector on it though.

Upvote 0
While waiting on the Spigen Neo case, I continue to look for a case that will hold the S Pen. Here's one. It's not perfect, but neither is the phone...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09CY4LKF6/
not bad!!!!

my only issue with case is if it would supports wireless charging while the s-pen is inserted on the back of the phone.

Upvote 0
Ooooh good point!

I'll have to figure out a way to attach that little adhesive pen holder to the Spigen Neo case in a way that won't interfere with wireless charging! Hmmmm...
the renke stylus holder works well, but does sometimes interferes with the wireless charge i have noticed. even if the pen is off to the side the adhesive part that sticks to the case seems to interfere with the charge. sometimes i set it down and it charges fine....but then i come back and the charge lit is blinking and is no longer charging. last night i set it down before going to sleep and it showed that it was charging fine with a solid red light, but then i wake up and the charger is blinking red and the phone was only at 75% charge.

the charging cradle is a few years old during the days of the note 8......so i might need to find a better cradle for this phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
Ooooh good point!

I'll have to figure out a way to attach that little adhesive pen holder to the Spigen Neo case in a way that won't interfere with wireless charging! Hmmmm...
So I ended buying it. I looked at the photo and it might work with a wireless charger because the pen is on the front cover so it should work.

It's only $30, so I'll let y'all know how it works.

Upvote 0
i appreciate these companies making these cases for folks ,but for me i just think these are much too much and takes the good looks away from the phone. the phone is gorgeous and when i pull it out of my pouch its a marvel to look at. i like the spen and have it, but prefer to use the pen pro. they both fit in the pouch i use with the fold so im good.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
i appreciate these companies making these cases for folks ,but for me i just think these are much too much and takes the good looks away from the phone. the phone is gorgeous and when i pull it out of my pouch its a marvel to look at. i like the spen and have it, but prefer to use the pen pro. they both fit in the pouch i use with the fold so im good.
never been a pouch guy or one that wears cases that clamps onto the belt. for me i use my phone a lot in the field and i need pretty good protection. i enjoy using the s-pen way more than i did when i had my note 10+. so this case by spigen looks like the perfect solution for me. i do love the spigen slim armor pro, but it has no s-pen holder. the case feels real good in my hand and it makes it much easier to open......and i will do everything i can to protect my phone.

Upvote 0
And here's my solution, though the same case is all over the internet with a broad spectrum of prices (they all probably come from the same production line in China):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/194367360623?var=494483600098
yep amazon has those as well.....it is twice the price!!!!!!

for that price, i'm thinking of getting one myself even though i have the spigen s-pen case coming in the next week or so.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones