• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accidentley wiped phone of OS.

You should be able to transfer files to your phone via TWRP. Somewhere in the options. Unfortunately I don't have twrp installed at the moment so I can't look at the exact location.

But if you download a compatible rom to your PC And connect the device while in TWRP, if you look around in the TWRP options you should find a way to transfer files.

Then just install as you normally would. Alternatively you can restore a backup if you made a backup at any point via TWRP.

Upvote 0
its unable to mount e: ` usb-otg

Ah, okay. The One X has no card slot so you want to copy your rom to an SD card partition from an OTG card reader?

See if this article helps you out.

Keep in mind that you will probably have to flash the rom right from OTG rather than from an internal SD card partition (which you wipe out with the previous rom)

Upvote 0
"No OS" usually means that someone has pressed the wrong button in a custom recovery and erased their /system partition rather than just wiping /data or /cache.

As long as there's still a custom recovery it's just a matter of putting a new ROM on and flashing it (via ADB sideload, or using a OTG adapter and putting the ROM on a flash drive).

Worst comes to the worst, since this is an HTC you find the appropriate RUU and reflash the device. But that shouldn't be necessary.

You are only truly bricked if you manage to corrupt the bootloader, which is very hard to do accidentally.

Upvote 0
Thanks.
So I just put the boot.img into the phone folder?
If not how do I go about it?
Extract the boot.img from the rom.zip on your PC. Place it in your platform tools folder.

Boot the phone into the bootloader/fastboot and connect to PC.

Issue the command: fastboot flash boot boot.img

Restart the phone then hopefully the rom will boot up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones