• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Activating a Verizon LG G2 to Cricket

So I have a LG G2 that is originally from Verizon, but I was wondering if I could activate on Cricket.

Check with Verizon. If your phone is a 4G LTE phone is there is 99% chance its dual mode (being both CDMA (Verizon) & GSM. This means you can take your 4G LTE phone to Cricket Wireless. Verizon is good about ensuring all their 4G LTE phones are unlocked. I have a 4G LTE Verizon phone which works on Cricket Wireless....read my note about Cricket versus AT&T. AT&T remains the dominant carrier whereas Cricket Customers come in 2nd place when congestion on the network, or the towers are over saturated. One can get 'Congestion' on their Cricket phone on a regular basis during peak usage hours. If you want important calls to come to you, or you be able to place important calls during peak usage times you may want to stay with Verizon, or AT&T.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones