• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Aeroplane mode

Hi android,
I am using redmi note 5 pro mobile,which has android 8.1 oreo, this is giving very serious trouble to me,when i keep my mobile in aeroplane mode,my mobile won't go to the aeroplane mode.I found this problem only in android 8.1 oreo, this is very serious bug i found this has to be eliminated very quickly otherwise this becomes very disaster problem in android oreo 8.1. please find attachment below, in Second image i kept my mobile in aeroplane mode it worked, in first image i kept my mobile in aeroplane mode but it shows like mobile is in aeroplane mode but actually mobile radio signal is still on and even network is available .
Screenshot_2018-08-30-09-27-07-500_com.android.settings.png
Screenshot_2018-08-30-09-27-57-071_com.android.settings.png

Hi,
You did not find any difference??
in first picture mobile is looks like is in aeroplane mode but in background mobile radio power is still on,and voice service still enabled,network is still enabled,mobile able found current network.
in second picture mobile is in aeroplane mode,when mobile is in aeroplane mode network will be blocked temporarily,radio signal will be off, radio power will be off,no voice service. now you understand better.
when i keep my mobile in aeroplane mode also it should turn off radio power,radio signal,voice service.
1) when you put your mobile in aeroplane mode,did you receive call?,message?,are your mobile able find network? no right??
2)can you please tell me that what is the use of aeroplane mode in mobile??
I hope now you are able find difference.

Upvote 0
Two points:

1) Airplane mode works just fine in 8.1 in other phones. So if there is a problem here it's with this phone's software and not android 8.1 itself. I say "if" because obviously I don't know the background here, like why the preferred network mode is different in the 2 screenshots, and don't know whether it's a general problem with this model or something messed-up on your individual phone. Have you tried basic tests like seeing whether it happens in safe mode, or whether a reset fixes it?

2) this is a forum for Android users, so if there is a bug in Xiaomi's 8.1 implementation we can't fix it. You need to report problems with a Redmi phone to Xiaomi, the manufacturer, since they are responsible for the software of the phone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones