• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alcatel One Touch Fierce 4.2.2 update?

donzoh1

Lurker
Oct 6, 2014
I'm wondering whether there's any hope for my old android. It's been in storage for awhile and my other phone broke so was thinking about bringing it back. It works for phone, text, and data but many apps I have tried are not working as it's android 4.2.2. Is there a way to update this device? I have very little experience here but can follow instructions.

I'm wondering whether there's any hope for my old android. It's been in storage for awhile and my other phone broke so was thinking about bringing it back. It works for phone, text, and data but many apps I have tried are not working as it's android 4.2.2. Is there a way to update this device? I have very little experience here but can follow instructions.
so whar @Dannydet is trying to say is that you can root the phone and flash a custom rom that has later updates......the only problem is that your phone has no support from devs...... so rooting is pointless as there is no custom roms for you to flash.

your old phone like my note 4 would serve you better as a wifi only device or as a media player.

plus this phone is a low budget phone, might as well get a much newer budget phone then what you have now.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones