• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alcatel OneTouch fierce XL - AlarmClock sound location?

Yegg57

Lurker
Sep 29, 2017
I have done programming - know NOTHING about linux (well, I can spell it).

I have figured out how to attach phone to laptop and place desired files into notifications and ringtones so my old self (hearing isn't as good as once was) could actually hear the phone ring or when a txt comes in.

I want to use the same file as I am using for the TXT as an AlarmClock option, but I while I do find an empty alarms folder (red flag as there are many alarms to choose from) I can't seem to find where to put my file to show up on the AlarmClock list.

I somewhat grasp the concept of "ROOT" mostly as root directory of the file structure or as being ultimate administrator, but I don't know if its necessary or not to get to the "ROOT" access or not....

HELP!

Thanks,
Charley

I understand that. I was successful in placing 1 file in ringtones and 1 file in notifications - where all of the other files in those respective lists are.

I can't find a folder with the files named by the alarm clock and I think they're hidden somewhere.

When I find that folder, I can put my audio in there, then it will be on the list.

Q: Where is that folder hiding?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones