• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 3.0 and accessing a NAS?

AFK_Matrix

Apr 13, 2010
Hi Guys,

I currently have a Asus Eeepc Netbook and it has been great but would like something that is more portable so I can take it on trips to watch movies etc.

So I have been looking at the new tablets soon to be released and the one that is standing out at the moment is the Asus eee Pad Transformer as it has the best of both worlds.

Now my question is regarding the OS. I understand it is going to have the new Android 3.0 OS on the tablet but I was wondering if it could do the same thing that I did with my Netbook and that is link up via wifi to my NAS box? So I can sit in the lounge link with my NAS via some kind of windows explorer equivalant and access the movies, music etc on the NAS?

Because what I also do with the Netbook is link it to the TV and stream the movies from the NAS to the TV which I would want to do with the tablet.

Sorry for the long post but I really want to know if the Android OS will link me with my NAS?

Streaming divx from a NAS is no problem for my Archos 70 and 101. It has the codecs needed to do this. Also Archos being a PMP company this was what they were designed for . I would imagine the Samsung could being divx certfied but i know my evo couldnt no matter the players i downloaded. Accessing the nas is easy. Its the optimization is the trick. That was the reason i went with Archos. One for me the other for my wife.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones