• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android ... accept my authoriton!!!

Wanna rant bout stupid things Android phones can do.

Recently went on a trip with my camper, was in a rural town and used the phone to search for routes from where I was to where I was going, three routes were found so I dragged the route from the preferred route to the one I had never driven on ... start driving and the phone informs me there is a more direct route, would save me 9 minutes, I say "no" ... nothing happens, by this time I'm underway and need to pull over to correct this ... now when you choose a route, why wouldn't Android accept your choice and butt out?? cannot touch phone while driving,l so it's a bloody safety thing.

While it's true that Android is made by Google and Google maps is made by Google too, but technically it's two different things.
I do agree that our phones sometimes think they're smarter then they really are. ;)

But as far as i remember, it will not switch to the faster route unless you select that you want it. Am i wrong?

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0
Wanna rant bout stupid things Android phones can do.

Recently went on a trip with my camper, was in a rural town and used the phone to search for routes from where I was to where I was going, three routes were found so I dragged the route from the preferred route to the one I had never driven on ... start driving and the phone informs me there is a more direct route, would save me 9 minutes, I say "no" ... nothing happens, by this time I'm underway and need to pull over to correct this ... now when you choose a route, why wouldn't Android accept your choice and butt out?? cannot touch phone while driving,l so it's a bloody safety thing.

Unfortunately it's programmed only to navigate its own course due to saving gas and time Road calculations and even accident-free routes depending on the map you use

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones