• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android auto help

K

Kitty1233

Hi up until recently I was able to use android auto in my car. A week ago it stopped working just a message on car computer screen saying no media data from usb. It's asking to connect a compatible device. I haven't made any changes to my phone etc. I have changed the data cable. Reinstalled AA. Turned fone off/on. Deleted the cache etc. I have read there is a problem either with Google or AA. All I use it for is the navigation on my car computer screen. Is there even an app I can use for this? I've tried to use Waze but getting the same problem. I'm using an Huawei p30 Pro with no problems until now. Thanks

Have you recently changed the USB cable you're using to connect to the car?

What happens when you connect your phone via USB- does a notification pop up? Can you dive into your settings and search for "USB" and take a screenshot of your USB settings?

What car do you have? Have you checked compatibility here:
https://www.android.com/auto/compatibility/

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
I HATE ANDROID AUTO in my new 2020 chevy. I hate having to use a usb cable. All I want to do is take my phone call, make a phone call and be notified of texts. GM got sucked into android auto and apple auto and it sucks. Hell, now my text messages are broadcast load and clear even if I am in a store. What the heck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones