• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Auto Software Issue

RASelkirk

Oct 27, 2015
SETX, USA
Hi All,

I found that AA is sucking the life out of my battery, enough so that the battery drains even while connected. So I "uninstalled" the app, or so I thought. It appears to have uninstalled as it's no longer listed, but when I plug my phone in to charge it, the AA app starts running. Now I'm stuck with it unless someone knows how to actually remove the program instead of just removing it's name from the app list...

Russ

So, I ran in to the same issue and I had to disconnect and "forget" my Bluetooth connection to my car (2017 Chevy Cruze). Once that connection was deleted, on my phone I went to Settings, Google, and there was an Android Auto section. I went in there and chose Connect Cars and got rid of the link to my Chevy. Go back one screen and down to AutoLaunch and remove my car from there. I haven't had any problems since.

Upvote 0
OK, but that doesn't explain why AA launches and runs after it's been uninstalled from the phone. I'm betting others will have the same issue if they were to uninstall AA from their phone, then plug it into a vehicle with AA on it. This is p!$$-poor programming at it's finest moment. Yet another reason to absolutely detest the GoogleFacebookApple complex...

Russ

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones