• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android robot head over green circle on the top left corner. What is it?

Cowalko

Lurker
Feb 13, 2018
Hello guys:

A new icon has appeared in the top corner of my Ones 5T phone.

Do you know ow what is it? How can I make it go away?

Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-02-13-12-37-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-02-13-12-37-46.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 291
That's a generic "app" icon. Go into Settings > Apps, show all including system apps and scroll through - you'll see that icon for a large number of internal apps that don't appear in your app drawer. In other words that is the generic icon for an app which doesn't have an icon of its own.

You may also see that if you have a shortcut to an app that has been uninstalled (or broken in some way).

I'd try to remove it in the usual way (I don't have a OnePlus, but a long press on the icon is the norm with most launchers). If that doesn't work try a reboot, or clear the launcher's cache. Clearing data for the launcher will certainly do it, but you'd have to set your homescreen up again if you did that so leave as last resort.

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones