• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android storage Z5

JamieC260

Lurker
Dec 27, 2015
I got an Xperia Z5 for Christmas and I noticed that my Android system is taking 9.42gb of my 32gb. I haven't even seen Android system on any other phone. Would this fix if I reset my phone or what's actually happening here?
Screenshot_2015_12_27_17_39_10.png

I got an Xperia Z5 for Christmas and I noticed that my Android system is taking 9.42gb of my 32gb. I haven't even seen Android system on any other phone. Would this fix if I reset my phone or what's actually happening here?
Screenshot_2015_12_27_17_39_10.png
Hi.

Android system is the firmware/operating system. It's exactly the same on my z5. The only way the size of this will change is if Sony release a firmware update which could be slightly bigger or smaller. It's nothing to worry about. Every phone will advertise as having a certain amount of storage, but a big chunk of that will always be used for the firmware :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones