• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Tv Box Flexiview FV-1

With the news of an xbmc for android port in early stages i had new hope for this device but then i found out xbmc will need android 2.3+ but looks like there might be hope for a port of android 2.3 or 4.0 for the flexiview fv-1 because someone has managed to port android 4.0 on a device with the same cpu and gpu as the flexiview fv-1 so it definitely seems possible, maybe if someone on this board is familiar enough with this stuff will give it a try ill keep my fingers crossed…. see links below for the device specs and youtube vid of it in action.

SwordLegend's Emebedded: Android 4.0 on Mango210 (S5PV210)

ICS Porting on Samsung S5PV210 ReferenceBoard (Mango210) - YouTube

Also a port of Linux was also done on the flexivew fv-1 but not everything fully working yet but it does go to show this device can run a different rom more info at link below

Project Gus

Upvote 0
i installed the hama firmware.. wifi is turning on and goes off in the wifi settings.. any one with same issue? it says wifi not responding.. this is ebay version of fv-1

Thanks For nothing.. No replies t
I got it fixed by another firmware. My card is 8188 which is not same.

Hi,
I had my flexiview repaired but BT and Wifi don't work. Maybe it is a firmware issue. Which firmware version did you use.

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
I NEED HELP!!! I purchased the FV-1 back in March and I cannot get the WI-FI to work. Once I had the WI-FI connected then lost power and have never regained WI-FI access. I have tried everything I know how and reloaded update after update. The WI-FI continually turns on and off repeatedly and never picks up my connection no matter what my router settings are. Can anyone help? Does anyone know where the WI-FI programming is in the data folder and what I could fix? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I have same problem

Upvote 0
My FV-1 got problem ....
It's not remember Date& Time anymore ...
Must set time in everytime I open it
it still remember every setting
:thinking:

Maybe you need to replace the CMOS battery. I've never crack the box open to see if there is one in there somewhere, but guessing there is.

Does the problem happen when the box is rebooted with mains power still on?

Ctrl-Alt-Del on a Logitech K400 keyboard reboots the system.

Upvote 0
I've been attempting to get CyanogenMod 9 to work on this device. It's quite a big mess, since there isn't, for example, kernel source code available for this device. I tried to ask for them using contact form in flexiview.com.nz but no answer (surprise surprise!) :)

The first limitation I encountered was that the system.bin file couldn't be bigger than 86 megabytes due to the bootloader of this device. There seems to be no knowledge on how to reflash the partition table.

I solved this problem by moving for example. /system/framework to data, and creating a symbolic link.

CM9 boots, but seems to stuck in a boot loop because I haven't got the TV-out to work (HDMI).
At least in my device, there seems to be no WLAN driver compiled at all.

I've really no experience in Android insides, nor am I a professional programmer, but I can say that don't buy this device, it's a complete mess.

Reactions: Dr Goodvibes
Upvote 0
Well,
As my wifi, bluetooth and remote don't work since I received my device from the repair service of hongkongeek, I wanted to throw it away.
Before this, I tried to use it as a NAS, and it works no too badly.

Using smb file sharing and a little hack of this app I found from a A500 forum, it is possible to have access through smb to HDD linked to the android fv-1 from other devices, and then stream videos up to 720p.

Here is my configuration :
FV-1 connected to a router via RJ45, 2 HDDs including one with 2 partitions connected to the FV-1. One can connect up to 3 external HDDs + the SD card.
I use a RK3066 dongle plugged on my TV and which is connected to the router via wifi n.
I configure and activate the smb file sharing on the FV-1, then I use archos player and asked for a smb share corresponding to my FV-1 , and that's it.
If you are interested , I can give all the references and code to acces to the HDDs.

Upvote 0
Still going....

FV-1 Android TV box running Android 2.2

For an old box(now) that had no real reason to live, it's still doing reasonably well.

Internal battery has been replaced as date/time could no longer be held without new battery.

I have Sync Settings and Calendar Sync enabled

CalenGoo Calendar provides excellent Google sync even without any account sync.

BSPlayer provides SMB streaming access to NAS video content
BSPlayer can play mkv(H.264,AC3) 720p videos without any real lag/skip.
MX Player Pro is also a good video player.
Neutron Music Player provides SMB streaming access to NAS for music.
XiiaLive provide Internet Radio
Samba Filesharing allows file access to local storage.
Kaiten or MailDroid provide mail services with split screen
WhatsApp works fine on FV-1 Android box when installed the same way you would on an Android tablet.
Go Contacts provides contacts for WhatsApp.
IMdB v3.3 is just the bees knees and works will.
aScreenshot provides good screen capture.
SanDisk Extreme SDHC 300X High-Speed Memory Card (32GB / Class 10) give almost 20MB/20MB read/write disk access with SDBoost.
Link2SD solves any /data storage issues with an external 2GB partition for storage on the SDcard.
ES File Explorer gives good access to all file components.
z4Root v1.3 allows root access.
SwiftKey Keyboard works with Logitech K400 keyboard and mouse via swipe on screen keyboard.
Old Sony Ericsson K610 phone is seen as an external disk allowing files to be managed.
Screen Density of 145 gives me the best display to readable ratio I have found.

Build.prop
ro.sf.lcd_density=145

Haven't really worried about turning my FV-1 box into a NAS as I already have a QNAP NAS, however the FV-1 box is on 100MBit Ethernet.

Connection is to a Sony Bravia 40" HDTV via a HDMI/audio switch/splitter.

I am seeing a continual drop off of applications for Android v2.2 but still surprised how well supported Android v2.2 still is.

The following applications have now gone from Android v2.2 line-up as far as updates go:
Root Explorer
AnTuTu
IMDb
Google Maps

With my current setting I get an AnTuTu score of around 2600.
With enough free RAM the AnTuTu score on an FV-1 Android TV box v2.2 can be pushed out to over 3300

Attachments

• FV-1 AnTuTu 2741.jpg
    FV-1 AnTuTu 2741.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 308
  • link2sd.png
    link2sd.png
    128.3 KB · Views: 321
  • FV-1 AnTuTu 3311.png
    FV-1 AnTuTu 3311.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 295
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones