• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Annoying "alerts" on my V30+ - make them stop!

pbolter

Lurker
Apr 2, 2019
I have a V30+ and for some reason I receive the annoying "alerts" after each call has ended. Have can I stop this???

BTW, I saw other posts about this, and I tried to follow the directions posted, but could not fund on my phone the methods they mentioned. I wish the phone defaulted to NOT allowing this, instead of automatically activating it. :(

hmmmmmm what does the tones indicate? i have never heard of this. is it a notification? or is it a random sound that goes off when you make or receive calls?

It's a loud and shrill tone . that repeats 4 or 5 times. I work in a hospital, so it is quite alarming. Kind reminds me of the ones they use on the radio ... you know the ones ... "this is a test, this is only a test ..."

Upvote 0
what about turning the phone to vibrate? does it still make the noise? does the phone say anything (on the screen) explaining the sound its making? have you tried rebooting the phone? is this a recent thing?

and maybe last resort try doing a factory reset.

Just had another call - six long shrill tones. Yes, even on vibrate it overrides it like an Amber Alert or something.

I hate to do a factory reset as I will lose everything on my phone ... :( and going in to the store isn't a viable option. Was hoping someone had a "back door" approach to riding me of this noisy nuisance! Thanks for your time, I do appreciate it!

Upvote 0
There's no notifcation showing I assume?

I get notifications from Google Play Services whenever I make a phone call. This is because I denied it a couple of permissions that I don't think it needs, and which are certainly not needed to make phone calls, but whenever I make a call it generates this crap. I've reported it to Google (it's the Google Phone app on my phone, so no question that it's Google's fault) but of course big G don't give a damn (assuming it's not a deliberate choice on their part to drive people into just giving Play Services access to everything).

It doesn't sound quite the same thing, but it's the only experience I have of annoying alerts when making phone calls, so I mention it just in case it's relevant.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Okay, don't know how to delete previous comment, BUT think I may have fixed this issue. My phone (LGV30+) was doing the same, exact annoying thing...and I dreaded the thought of a 'Factory Reset'. Here is what I did and it worked for my phone.
1. Go to 'Settings'.
2. From the 'Main Menu' click on the magnifying glass (in the upper right-hand corner).
3. Type 'Emergency Alerts' and press 'Enter'
4. Select 'Emergency Alerts' (should be the only option that is available).
5. You should be in the 'Emergency Alerts' App Tab.
6. Press 'Force Stop'.
7. Return 'Home', problem should be fixed (it was on my phone).
8. Enjoy not having to listen to the 'Emergency Broadcasting System's' 1KHz tone any longer. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones