• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Annoying sound bug (silent mode)

smallclone

Dec 6, 2010
So I'm sound asleep at 4am and I get a loud message through that wakes me up. This was a message from a Twitter client. This is abnormal for 2 reasons:

1) I have an app called GreenPower Premium which is supposed to turn off ALL Wi-Fi and mobile data between midnight and 8am. So how on earth did this get through?

2) The phone was on silent mode.

Needless to say the Twitter client now has no notifications coming through but this is worrying - what else will coem through when on silent and how did it come through in the first place? Is airplane mode really the only option?

Any advice much appreciated

That's does sound strange.
I don't use twitter or greenpower, but is there any notification/sound options within the twitter app or whatever app you are using?

The other option is to go into; Settings >> Accessibility >> Turn off all sounds.

That should override any sound mode and ensure that the phone doesn't make any sounds whatsoever.

Sorry I cant be of more help :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones