• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Any cure for boot loop?

BSH

May 1, 2010
One M7, Verizon, S-off, unlocked.
HBoot 1.61, OS-6.22.605.3

I ran Kingroot & Sunshine to get S-off and unlocked. Tried installing a couple of Roms, but get stuck in an incurable bootloop. I can easily get to fastboot or recovery. I've tried erasing cache, reflashing TWRP recovery, re-flashing the Rom, re-wiping cache & data every which way, and no luck. I've tried entering sideload mode in TWRP to flash rom that way, but it fails sideload mode every time. I've tried a couple different versions of TWRP, but both recommended for the Verizon model. Has something gone horribly wrong with OTA Verizon software at some point, and custom roms are no longer possible? I'm just about to give up on this new-to-me phone.

There's no question I have root, before trying a custom Rom, I was removing/freezing bloatware with Titanium Backup. I just can't install a custom rom, and have it boot successfully. Any help?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones