• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any musicians here? What instrument(s) do you play? What music apps do you like best?

I am pretty new to smart phones (few months now) so I'm curious.

I'm a professional musician The Sophisticats and play (in the order than I learned them)
  1. drums
  2. saxophone - (the instrument I am best at)
  3. voice
  4. flute
  5. minimal rhythm guitar - (doubling with barre chords in bands where there was no sax part)
  6. bass
  7. keyboards
  8. wind synthesizer
  9. lead guitar

What instrument(s) do you play?

What musical apps do you like?

And why?

Thanks,
Notes ♫

Reactions: ramtin59far
Mostly sing and play guitar around the local bars and festivals, but piano is one of my favorites to play.

-Lead Vocals
-Rhythm Guitar
-Piano/Organ
-Ukulele
-Djembe

I like the gstrings app, i use it to tune my ukulele when i forget my tuner!

check out my group on facebook! Failure Savvy

it'd be pretty cool if you could click the "like" button while you're on there ;)

Reactions: ramtin59far
Upvote 0
I'm a drummer. Only been doing it since February of '08. Got myself a nice 5 piece Pearl Export EX, and it's the best purchase I've ever made.

I play in a band. Been playing together since October '10. We do cover stuff. We're just now getting around to being comfortable playing together and starting to write our own stuff. We have a couple videos and pics on our Facebook page from a few shows we've played. You can Like us if you wish.

Upvote 0
I mainly play bass but started out on guitar. I've messed around on a drum kit but it was embarrassing.

I'm rocking a pretty classic rig: 2007 Fender American Vintage '60s Reissue Jazz, Lakland Darryl Jones 4 Jazz, Ampeg SVT-VR, and an Ampeg SVT810E. Mmm.

I'm also into music production/recording so I have a cheap MIDI keyboard/DAW controller and a couple of audio interfaces. Those aren't my strong areas but I enjoy messing around when I'm alone.

I haven't really found any must-have apps for my needs but I do enjoy those keyboards. It's fun to be able to create melodies when I have time to kill. I could definitely use a metronome app but I have one on my Zune HD already. Since the Zune gets considerably better battery life, I'll just stick with that. It's easy enough to hook it up to my PA for when I practice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones