• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anybody find a barcode scanner that actually works with Replenish

RazzMaTazz

Android Expert
Jan 28, 2011
I've tried Barcode Scanner. It won't actually recognize any bar codes because apparently the Replenish camera is so low quality. PlayStore won't even let me load Google Goggles, et al. Anybody find a barcode scanner that actually works with the Replenish?

I have not found a barcode scanner that works with the Replenish. In playing with the ones that are available, it really looks like the software drivers for the replenish do not do a good enough job focusing (could be related to the low res camera too I guess) but it seeems to cycle through trying to focus and never settles on the least blurry image (as I would hope it woul do). I am now curious, do the scanning programs work on rooted Replenish phones?

zenianthony, there are a few different purposes for barcode scanning. In some cases people present a 2d barcode image that smart phones can scan to direct them to a specific website. Other software uses the functionality to read barcodes on food packaging and other products in order to provide information about the product. This can be used to determine where it can be purchased, and some diet programs use it to look up nutritional information.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones