• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

anybody knows the dell mobile connect related app

Hi, I am looking an application like dell mobile connect. Does anybody know how many applications work like it?
are you looking for exactly dell mobile connect or you are looking for something similar? just an fyi they re-branded it to be called Alienware mobile connect.

what exactly are you trying to do? what phone do you have? what computer do you have? what version of windows is it running?

just remember the more info you give us, the better we can help.

Upvote 0
are you looking for exactly dell mobile connect or you are looking for something similar? just an fyi they re-branded it to be called Alienware mobile connect.

what exactly are you trying to do? what phone do you have? what computer do you have? what version of windows is it running?

just remember the more info you give us, the better we can help.
(AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! So that is now Dell, Alienware! I had a few Dell p.c.s back in the day!)

Upvote 0
For laptops they call it Dell SupportAssist. But you have to find the version specific to your service tag # or it refuses installation. You don't want to know the living hell it was just to get the media keys software (QuickSet Application) for my 2007 Vostro.

I thought AlienWare went the way of Kmart, Sears and Ames. I haven't seen a PC from them since like 2010. All the gaming stuff is branded ASUS or ROG or CyberPower.

Upvote 0
Just checking the local mall. Alienware is definitely still a thing.
20230207_103733.jpg

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
In Australia, K-Mart and Woolworth's are still a thing. Doesn't really mean much. I haven't seen the brand name at all since Vederman left PC Gamer Magazine, although the beat up hulks of what once were Alienware desktops and laptops are starting to dot vendor mall booths. Newest one was from 2009. No HDD, no GPU and no PSU.

Come to think of it, the last time I saw Dell XPS gamer laptops were on later seasons of Stargate: Atlantis.

I can't believe malls are still a thing where you are. Around here they're also beat up hulks with leaky roofs and most of the stores boarded up. Surprised they keep the power on to be honest. I think the church that bought up most of the retail space of Towne Square Mall around here is what kept the lights on. There ain't nothing else there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't know how things are Stateside these days, last time I was there Radio Shack was still a thing, Tandy/Radio Shack ceased the UK in 1999, and were never a thing in China. .

We have many malls here in Jinan, and usually quite busy most weekends. In fact another large mall opened quite recently in my neighbourhood, complete with Starbucks, McDonald's, KFC, Disney, Apple, Imax Cinema, etc.

Different companies do different things in different countries. We still have C&A clothes shops and Carrefour supermarkets, they haven't been in the UK for decades now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In America, malls peaked in the late '60s-mid '70s and kinda started to languish in the '80s. Radio Shack/Tandy is long gone here; the last years of their existence were spent being nothing but a cheap attempt at a mobile phone store. Malls in America were replacements to 'department stores' where each floor was a different 'department'. All those buildings were basically many floors with a floor dedicated to different themes, like clothing, hardware, electronics, etc. People got tired of climbing stairs or escalators to get to the different departments so malls were the single-story replacement. Not too many malls here had more than one floor, but larger ones in more touristy areas were as large as a small city. Our Towne Square Mall was a single-floor and quite small compared to the Eastland Mall in Evansville, IN. Towne Square never got very popular and now it's just a leaky hulk with most retail areas bought by a church who has yet to do anything with it so it's kinda weird, you can go in, the lights are on, music is playing, but nobody's home.

Malls in America are dead/dying. Many torn down for newer, more modern-ish 'outlet centres' that are basically lines of individual stores within a larger structure. American culture considers the era of shopping in malls an outdated, obsolete endeavor, replaced with Amazon/online shopping.

I've been doing my shopping lately in Beech Grove/Sebree KY, which is about as close to Mayberry as you're gonna get. Mechanical gas pumps and all. It makes me happy to shop there instead of the blinding white modern interiors of a modern outlet mall. I prefer quaint, warm lit older department store styles. We got one Kroger in an older part of town that's still stuck in the year 1978, with the older glass ceiling front that was once considered modern. I think it was their Bi-centennial store style, which debuted in 1976. Never updated, but super easy to get in and out of since the stock never gets re-arranged (I hate when stores do that).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones