• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone else own this tablet?

I bought this as a second tablet. I was planning to make this my only tablet around, but I fixed some issues with my older Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, 7 inch. The Iconia One stays at home, while the Tab 4 is my portable unit. I recommend getting at least a good case for it, as the light plastic build of the Iconia could easily break if dropped. (I use a Pasonomi case from Amazon.)

I've had mine for a month. Seems to be good. It's surprisingly fine for some 3D games, even with the Mediatek chipset, and the 1 GB of system RAM, which is understandably seen as a roadblock by some. It does choke a bit with some of the social media apps, especially facebook and twitter. Originally, I bought the tablet to use with some music notation apps as I needed a bigger screen. The pixel density isn't the greatest. I have no trouble using it for a few hours while reading books and magazines.

The main selling point for me was the 32 GB of internal storage. I have expanded that with a 128 GB micro SD card from Micro Center. It runs on Marshmallow 6.0.1, but I don't use the card as adoptable storage, as the 32 GB of internal storage renders that unnecessary for my needs. It's also nice to have a tablet with full USB OTG support. I can now use my PC keyboard, mouse, and even a few PC game controllers on it.

So far, I've applied all the system updates from Acer. I might run it rooted in the future to make some tweaks to the build.prop at least, but I haven't seen any good root methods. As it is, for now I don't really think I need to root the Iconia.

Anyone else out there own this tablet?

We bought one for my little girl for Xmas. We were looking at the kids kindle, but she has really bad eyesight so settled on the Iconia as it had a bigger screen.

Pretty impressed with it tbh, despite a relatively low resolution, the screen is pretty clear and very bright. The speaker leaves a lot to be desired, but for a sub £100 tablet, I can't really complain. Battery life is also relatively impressive.

All she does is watch YoutubeKids & play some horsey game and i bought her and it runs that no problem. She's happy with it which means I am too.

Pretty good value tablet tbh. :)

Reactions: daffyducknj
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones