• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone else still own this tablet?

Bought mine last year, for around $100. Hasn't left the house, unlike my much older, rooted Samsung Galaxy tab 4 from 2014, with the 7 inch screen.

As you may expect, I have a little GAS... looking at a few possible replacements.

Like this one: https://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/tablets/android-tablets/tab-4-series/Lenovo-TB-X304/p/ZA2J0007US

That's selling at B&H Photo for $170. It's so new, that I haven't seen a forum for it anywhere yet. It does have less internal memory than my current 10 inch driver. That's not really a stumbling block for me, as I am fairly selective as to what apps I run on my devices.

I might hop to B&H later in the week, and see if they have a demo of it. At least it ships with Nougat 7.1, has at least 2 GB of memory, and the quad core CPU is 64 bit, so it may last me more than a year.

I do know that there's a new version of the Iconia One 10, with 2 GB system RAM, and a faster CPU. It also has 32 GB of internal storage.

We'll see... still evaluating things. I've turned off a lot of the preinstalled apps to speed up my Iconia one, including Chrome, and the Google app. I use Opera Mini as the main browser, with Naked Browser Pro as a secondary one. It's hit and miss with some games... if I suddenly get the urge to play a 3d game, I usually end up saving my work, clearing the multitasker, and then rebooting the tablet. I really shouldn't have to do all that... well, not a bad idea to clear the tasker before a 3d game, even if it eats a bit of battery.

Y'all sold off yours?!?

Bueller? Mom?

Ended up rebuilding mine, and disabling a metric ton of the preinstalled apps. Refilled it with games, e-books, videos, music, wallpaper, SD Maid and Naked Browser Pro. No work stuff, no news, no email, no social media. Hopefully fire os 6 will come soon to my amazon fire hd 10 tablet... should bring it up to Nougat.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones