• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone having issues with Sprint/Google Voicemail?

MongooseGA

Jan 17, 2011
I've been having issues lately with my voicemail and I'm not sure if it's google voice, or Sprint.

I use Voice on my N6 'non-integrated' so I can use both personal and work numbers. Most of the time I get my voicemails sent correctly to google Voice with a transcription and an e-mail notification.

However sometimes, I get a text sent to my Sprint number with a link to click to listen to a voicemail that ends up not allowing me to hear anything. Why is it that some messages are being sent to the Voice account, and others are not?

I've checked all of the Voice settings on the phone and desktop. Nothing has changed since I left my Note 2, but I never had these issues. Thoughts?

I have been using GV since the beta days back in 2009. I use it elusively.
I keep the sprint VM and GV separated and i only give my GV number out. Some places, such as amazon, do not recognize the GV # so i have to give those things the real deal.

are you using hangouts? GV is now integrated into hangouts and it has been much better than standard GV.

did you port your number from another carrier? how long have you used GV?

Upvote 0
I've been a GV user since '09 or '10. Had it on my OG Evo and the Note 2. The N6 is the only one I've had issues with.

I'm not using hangouts. I only use GV for the visual voicemail, a work number, and texting from my work number. Everything else is through my Sprint number.

If I'm not mistaken, voicemails from people calling either number should go through GV. I'll try to snap a screen shot of what comes up when the texts from Sprint come in.

I think I may have solved my problem. I swapped my GV# from my personal e-mail address to my work e-mail, and redid all of the registration and settings through the phone in the process. There was a box within the phone (not GV) to check GV as my voicemail service. I don't remember checking that option previously so hopefully that will solve the problem. I will know for sure later on when more VMs come in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones