• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App to create .url files?

tweak4

Feb 5, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Anyone know of an app that can create standard Windows Internet Shortcut (.url) files?
My thinking was that this would be a relatively easy way to get urls from my phone to one or more of my computers, simply by createing the .url file in a specific folder on my phone and letting DropSync upload it to my Dropbox, where it would be dispursed to my other devices.
The only thing I've been able to find so far is Url Bookmarks (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aseg07.android.UrLBookmarks), which is close, but requires a lot of clicks to operate since you need to specify your target folder each time. Ideally, I'd love to find something where I can permanently specify a location to use and then just paste the url and click a button to generate the shortcut.

Does such an app even exist, or is this just too niche of a need?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones