• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help app to vibrate watch when phone out of range (prevent losing phone)

electricpete

Android Expert
Jan 7, 2012
I used to have that function available, but since I have upgraded to a new phone (Galaxy S9+ running Oreo) and reset my Zenwatch 2 watch, I cannot find an app to do it.

When Google loaded my old phone's apps onto my new phone, it included Wear Aware - Phone Finder by Nordic Usability GmBH, last updated 1/5/16. The app is on my phone, but seems to have evaporated from Playstore. Also not my watch and not available through Play on the watch. . I guess it must be before Android 2.0. I can't find it on Google Play using watch or using phone.

Wear Buddy is supposed to do the same function
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.purplepixel.wearbuddy
Again, not available through play on my watch. . Playstore says it was last updated 7/29/14. Probably again a pre 2.0 app.

There probably is something I'm missing.
Is there any easy way (app) to make my watch vibrate when I leave my phone behind?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones