• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Applications minimize when screen locks

D

Deleted User

This happens for quite a while now. Every time I lock my screen and then reopen it the app that I was using when the screen locked goes to the background (like if I touched the home button). The really odd thing about it is that it started on my LG G3 (Android 5) and now when I got a new phone (OnePlus 5, Android 7.1) it happens in it too.

How can I stop this? How can I return to the app I was in when I unlocked the screen?

P.s. the app keep running. If I use for example apple music and lock the screen the music will keep playing. But when I unlocked the screen I will return to the main window(the desktop?) And have to go to the app through the recent button (the square).

Dannydet
I think this is just normal behavior

I don't think it's normal because it started to happen in my LG G3 without it getting any updates. But maybe it's just a coincidence that OxygenOS has this 'feature'.
Anyway I prefer to return to the app I was in when the screen unlocks
so maybe there's a way to make it happen?

Upvote 0
This happens for quite a while now. Every time I lock my screen and then reopen it the app that I was using when the screen locked goes to the background (like if I touched the home button). The really odd thing about it is that it started on my LG G3 (Android 5) and now when I got a new phone (OnePlus 5, Android 7.1) it happens in it too.

How can I stop this? How can I return to the app I was in when I unlocked the screen?

P.s. the app keep running. If I use for example apple music and lock the screen the music will keep playing. But when I unlocked the screen I will return to the main window(the desktop?) And have to go to the app through the recent button (the square).
It's possible something that you're doing in the settings that's making this happen also.

Go into Settings Apps and in the right corner vertical 3 dots, Click reset Apps to default.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones