• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apps closing automatically when running in GPRS

vagabond13

Lurker
Jan 9, 2013
I have been using this Samsung Galaxy S plus for over an year which has an android verion 2.3.6.

Lately I have observed a strange behaviour, that when the device is on GPRSor using data package, the apps keep closing automatically, which becomes quite annoying while surfing net or using google map on the move... Any one knows what can be the problem.

I have reset to the factory settings also, but no success. I have scanned the device using 2-3 Anti-virus software still nothing detected.

Any suggestion, what could be the issue/resolution ?

I've had the same issue for months. I figured out it happens only on 2G, and not on 3G or WiFi. And it doesn't really close apps, it just shows the home screen. You can reopen the app and continue where you were. Sometimes it just wakes up from sleep, just like you pressed the home button.

I changed ROM and kernel, but it didn't help at all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones