• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Apps that can be safely removed?

wtfisup

Lurker
Jan 27, 2020
Bloatware and such? I'm compiling a list but have bricked my device twice thus far. :)

com.google.android.apps.plus - Google +
com.microsoft.office.excel - MS Excel
com.microsoft.office.onenote - MS OneNote
com.microsoft.office.powerpoint - MS PowerPoint
com.microsoft.office.word - MS Word
com.microsoft.skydrive - MS OneDrive
com.skype.raider - Skype

So far, I have bricked it when removing certain samsung apps (calendar) and possibly some google apps. but it could be because they had dependencies.

I'm also not sure how much this tablet has in common with other samsung devices as I don't have a samsung phone.

Anyone else have a list that we can append?

Bloatware and such? I'm compiling a list but have bricked my device twice thus far. :)

com.google.android.apps.plus - Google +
com.microsoft.office.excel - MS Excel
com.microsoft.office.onenote - MS OneNote
com.microsoft.office.powerpoint - MS PowerPoint
com.microsoft.office.word - MS Word
com.microsoft.skydrive - MS OneDrive
com.skype.raider - Skype

So far, I have bricked it when removing certain samsung apps (calendar) and possibly some google apps. but it could be because they had dependencies.

I'm also not sure how much this tablet has in common with other samsung devices as I don't have a samsung phone.

Anyone else have a list that we can append?
Try SD Maid.

Upvote 0
How do you recover from bricking a device?
it's probably not really bricked....soft bricked ...yes. with a sammy device you go to https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ and reflash the firmware for your device. you do need to make sure they have the firmware first.

also this thread is labeled as root. so most likely the op has a rooted device with a custom recovery. you can just make a nandroid backup, delete whatever you want and if it bricks it, you can just do a nandroid restore and start over.

Try SD Maid.
what is sd maid????

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
it's probably not really bricked....soft bricked ...yes. with a sammy device you go to https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ and reflash the firmware for your device. you do need to make sure they have the firmware first.

also this thread is labeled as root. so most likely the op has a rooted device with a custom recovery. you can just make a nandroid backup, delete whatever you want and if it bricks it, you can just do a nandroid restore and start over.

what is sd maid????
Oh never mind, just another cleaner.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones