• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are you paper book fan or kindle fan?

I had a 40+ year collection of paperbacks. Living in a small home raising four children, I was forced to store my books in a shed. Though the shed was water tight, it was not bug proof. The bugs did not physically damage the books but the paper absorbed an incredible bad odor through the years. I knew my shed smelled bad but didn't realize my collection was being ruined until I decided to reread some of my older books. I had to toss them all. I prefer paperbacks but I went to an E-reader mainly for the little space it takes to store many books.

Upvote 0
Book mark.. what's that. :) I rarely read a book that was a decent read without finishing it before putting it down. I by far prefer the dark printing on white paper than white text on a black background. I prefer holding a book over holding a Kindle. The ease of shopping for material to read and not needing or wanting a printed copy is what makes a Kindle attractive to me. I rent books from Amazon. Read and return at a monthly cost all from the comfort of my home is perfect for me. Though I love books, the E-reader has been my go to for a number of years.

Upvote 0
Kindle. I have a bazillion books in storage because I never moved them to my tiny house with no room. I initially bought some from Amazon but then got a library card and borrowed books through Libby. Then 2 things happened pretty much at the same time - my Kindle died and my library redid their whole system and I'd have to go in and get a new card. I haven't done either yet. Le sigh.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
Kindle. I have a bazillion books in storage because I never moved them to my tiny house with no room. I initially bought some from Amazon but then got a library card and borrowed books through Libby. Then 2 things happened pretty much at the same time - my Kindle died and my library redid their whole system and I'd have to go in and get a new card. I haven't done either yet. Le sigh.
Be warned about your library in storage. I had them stored in a weather but not bug tight shed. It brought tears to my eyes to see my life time collection of books go to the dump. They looked great but smelled terrible. I brought in the Hobbit trilogy and thought I would give it another read. Within a day my entire home had a horrible stink and it was all from those books. From the first book I remember begging my mother to buy for me to my last purchase.... had to be tossed.

Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0
Definitely Kindle. If your bookmark falls out and you're not at a chapter break, good luck! Tough to search for a phrase you remember in a paper book.
Funny thing is, I've never used bookmarks and even at my age I will just pick a book up, locate where I was and carry on from there, even if it's been a few weeks since I last read that book. I've never found this difficult.

Reactions: Milo Williamson
Upvote 0
What do you prefer?
Of course, I'm a fan of e-books, particularly the Amazon Kindle! E-readers provide many benefits, such as access to a huge library in one device, the convenience of carrying multiple books with you, and customizing the text to suit your preferences. Amazon Kindle also gives you access to a variety of book formats and services, making reading even more fun. Sometimes when I’m too lazy to read, I ask do my homework, I found https://edubirdie.com/do-my-homework for this. But the rest of the time I read on my e-reader. It is very convenient and comfortable. It also saves money on buying books. So it’s worth a lot of thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jacob Nevill
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones