• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Audio problems after using car stereo via bluetooth

D

Deleted User

The problem:
  • Sound will only play through phone's speakers, even when earphones are plugged in.
  • I can record videos but there is no sound in the videos when they are played on any device. This applies to videos recorded directly within Snapchat, Facebook Messenger, as well as using the default camera app.
  • When making a phonecall I cannot hear the other person, the dial tone, anything. Not sure yet if they can hear me too.
What I've noticed:
  • The problem has only started happening since I started pairing/using my phone with a new bluetooth enabled head unit for my car. It seems to happen after I have been playing music in my car, and leave the vehicle.
  • My phone connects automatically when in range of my car, and sound outputs normally through my car speakers once connected
  • Disabling bluetooth or putting the phone into airplane mode does not fix the problem
  • Rebooting the phone with headphones plugged in, then unplugging headphones once phone has rebooted is the only thing that seems to fix the problem so far. Obviously I don't want to have to do this every time.
Car head unit: Sony XSP-N1BT
Phone app used to control head unit: Sony 'App remote' v2.1.20
Phone: Xiaomi Mi 5S
Phone OS: MIUI Global 8.0 | Stable 8.0.10.0.0 (MAGCNDH)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones