• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Auto volume control while headphone is plugged in?

itandy

Oct 29, 2009
I like to listen to MP3 with my Hero. But the ringtone volume is way too high with a headphone. So before plugging in the headphone, I have to manually turn down the volume. And also I have to remember to revert it back to normal level when the headphone is unplugged.

Is there an app to do it automatically? Or am I the only one here?

hey its my first post here after getting a hero a few weeks back...

This issue has been driving me mad too! i cant userstand how this setting or "headset volume" isnt a default.

I've tried some apps but nothing seems to work as yet.... any tips all i want is an app to stop my head being blown off when a call comes in and i've got my headset in.:)

Upvote 0
There is an app that allows you to control the volume of the ringtone, music and alarm.

You won't be too surprised to learn its called Volume Control :) Search "volume control" in The Marketplace.

I found it very handy and its free.

Cheers Al

Doesn't appear to be able to set separate levels for Headphones connected / speaker volume which is the whole point of the thread, no?

Upvote 0
hey its my first post here after getting a hero a few weeks back...

This issue has been driving me mad too! i cant userstand how this setting or "headset volume" isnt a default.

I've tried some apps but nothing seems to work as yet.... any tips all i want is an app to stop my head being blown off when a call comes in and i've got my headset in.:)

Glad to know I'm not alone here. I found an app called aHeadset in androlib.com but in my region my Hero cannot download (buy) it. Perhaps you can give it a try.

aHeadset v1.0.0 Application for Android | Tools

Upvote 0
The other option is the paid version of Locale, which (either directly or via a plug-in - I cannot remember now) can activate a profile when the headphones are plugged in. I use this to turn down the ringer and notification volume when I have headphones on and they automatically revert to their "normal" settings when I unplug the headphones again. Being Locale, you can also set a whole range of other settings at the same time.

Upvote 0
The other option is the paid version of Locale, which (either directly or via a plug-in - I cannot remember now) can activate a profile when the headphones are plugged in. I use this to turn down the ringer and notification volume when I have headphones on and they automatically revert to their "normal" settings when I unplug the headphones again. Being Locale, you can also set a whole range of other settings at the same time.

Unfortunately, in Hong Kong, Android Market doesn't allow us to purchase applications unless it's free. So both aHeadset and Locale are not an option here.

Upvote 0
Doesn't appear to be able to set separate levels for Headphones connected / speaker volume which is the whole point of the thread, no?

You're right Wahwah if you were using volume control you'd have to set it manually as there is no auto adjust(headphone in/out), but it is one option that allows you to easily set a volume for each task.

Al

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones