• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Avast Latest Update Is Bad

AMOCO

The Computer Guy
Mar 10, 2012
Colorado Springs,CO.
Okay to start out,I had Avast Home Free installed on all my computers.And I update the Avast software and left it at that.
Then one day I wanted to open CPUID (CPU-Z) on desktop and make sure CPU, Memory, & Ram was all good since I overclock my desktop.
Well low and behold,My computer crashed.So it shoots me a Kernel Security Check Failure Error.
Well I looked it up,I read it could be a hardware issue.
So I checked the CPU & Ram,Even popped the ram out and looked at it real close,As I had the ram oced from 1600MHz to 2133MHz.So I put everything back to stock in the BIOS and even reflashed them too.
Remember I still think its a hardware issue.
So I tried going back to Windows 7 too.And installed everything one software and driver at a time.
And each time I installed everything like this I would open CPUID (CPU-Z) and make sure it worked.
And I was thinking that this had to be a software issue.
So I get to the Avast installation and installed and afterwards,I ran CPUID (CPU-Z) and computer crashed.
Wow it was Avast.
So don't use Avast Home Free if you plan on using CPUID (CPU-Z), HWMonitor, and OCCT, or other stress testing software.
They all crashed on my computer with the latest Avast update,So bye bye Avast.
And reformatted back to Windows 10 as it has its own Antivirus and Firewall.
All is great now.
Just passing this along.

Reactions: mikedt

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones