• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AWS (Amazon) servers

M

MamaCat

Can anyone tell me why my J7 system apps are constantly trying to call out to various Amazon AWS servers? I am using a firewall app on my phone right now to make heads and tails of the traffic. Groups of system apps try to call out to Amazon servers chronically. I am currently blocking this traffic and have not had any problems with my phone. But I want to know a couple things.
1. Is this normal and if so, what is it for? (I'm presuming data mining)
2. If this is not normal, can anyone point me in the right direction as to what to look at for the culprit.

I am NOT rooted. I have actually factory reset this phone more times than I care to count due to someone hacking my internal home network (from the inside).

An example of the system apps in question are things like AASservice, Application Installer, BBC Agent, Camera Test, BluetoothTest, CDFS Mode, com.qualcomm.atfwd.com and many, many more.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones