• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Axon Pro. Budget beast?

Bot_Rocket

Feb 20, 2016
I'd say so! For $350 ($330 with a $20 Amazon credit), you get one of the most powerful, best sounding, and best looking (IMO) flagship grade phones on the market. If you are in the market for an unlocked GSM phone, I'd gladly recommend one of these. This is why:

64 GB internal storage.
4 GB RAM.
Snapdragon 810.
Great screen.
Top notch audio.
JBL earbuds included!
Good looks.
Decent camera.
Double tap camera button to start camera even from a sleep.
Not overly bloated.
Feels sturdy.
Did I mention powerful?

What's the catch?
No expandable memory (not a con for me).
No removable battery (only a con for me if the battery takes a poo).
3000mah battery isn't bad, but power users might find it lacking.
I am CONSTANTLY hitting the capacitive home button when I try to hit the space bar. More user error, but it sure is annoying.
Made in China. Lets be real, tho. What isn't made in China these days?
Not a huge aftermarket.
Front grills are a bit gimmicky. Speaker sounds good and is loud, but it's not dual stereo as the dual grills would have you believe. Meh.

I ran Antutu and 3dMark, getting among the the highest scores in the mobile market. I'll attach some screenies of those and some specs for those that are interested.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE DRAGON'S HEAT!?!? I have yet to experience any unusual amount of heat. I have played Real Racing 3, WoT Blitz, Sandbox, and several other lighter games, as well as several back to back benchmarks, and it still doesn't get as hot as my Galaxy S3 does.

I'll probably be updating this as I get more experience with it. So far I'm quite pleased, and with the exception of the fixed battery and home button/space bar proximity, the "cons" are pretty minor to me.

Screenshot_2016-02-20-05-36-50.png Screenshot_2016-02-20-05-36-46.png Screenshot_2016-02-20-05-37-17.png Screenshot_2016-02-20-05-37-28.png Screenshot_2016-02-20-05-37-53.png Screenshot_2016-02-20-05-38-13.png Screenshot_2016-02-20-06-05-18.png Screenshot_2016-02-20-06-06-41.png
Screenshot_2016-02-20-03-02-05.png

Last edited:
I dont have one single clue. What would be the purpose of that? Is that a common capability of phones? I'd imagine that it can if thats a common thing since it has almost every other common feature of most flagship phones. Let me do some googly stuff and I'll see if i can find an answer. I just got of a 15 hour shift after 3 hours of sleep tho, so it may take a few days... to regain consciousness.

Upvote 0
Little update.

I *think* it might support the otg card reader. I haven't tried it, but there is a setting that enables you to "mount" a USB storage device and it also supports USB tethering. Not sure if that answers your question.

I finally tried out the JBL headphones with some tunes, and it sounds great! I'm still tweaking and playing with settings, but I like it so far.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones