• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bad ghosting after screen replacement

fabgav

Lurker
Jan 23, 2013
Hi all.
Hoping someone can help or she'd some.ideas to me.Nottingham
I replaced the screen on my eva-l09 and had issues with it ghost pressing and then the front glass lifted off. So brought another screen (and frame) and again getting really bad ghost pressing and generally going mental.
Both screens were ebay so appreciate may not be best but for it to happen to two screens sseems odd.
Problems I have are random mental press in and scrolling. Phone is seen my finger press as got cursor showing but not actually pressing app icons or scrolling.
Of I hover finger close to screen it sees it despite not touching it.
If I press at very bottom the cursor shows at the very top.
I also only seems to do it in a few certain apps.
I've turned brightness down, cleaned it and made sure no processes are being closed by battery management.
Am I missing something really oblivious or is there an issue with the main board?
Any help or advice greatly appreciated
Cheers

It seems odd that it's only doing this in a few apps rather than all the time. Try rebooting the phone in safe mode to see if you can recreate the problem. If you can't, then it's an app that causing your issue. However, it it's still doing this in safe mode, then there's a bad (short) connection and it could be the connector on the main board rather than the screen itself.

Two questions. Did you buy both screens from the same vendor on eBay? And, are you sure you got the correct part? They are subtle variations in some phones with the same general model when sold into different markets and/or for carrier branding. If the description was "compatible with model XXXX" rather than listing the OEM part number as a direct replacement, this could also be your problem.

Upvote 0
Cheers for the reply Lunatic.
Will try the safe mode later.
Screens were from different sellers to give me better odds.
Both were stated as for EVA-LO9 but i didn't check the OEM part number.
It is odd about the apps. It likes i just need to turn the sensitivity down or something but I cant.

Upvote 0
someone has suggested the electro spark thing with an old lighter.
Worth a try do you think?

Not quite sure just what 'electro spark thing' refers to. Is it something like this 'Electrospark deposition'?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrospark_deposition
If yes, I still unclear what that has to do with this matter. Otherwise, when improvising a tool as a substitute for the proper one often requires some trial-and-error. Just so long as you're willing to experiment with this phone. Usually it's better to experiment with an extra, spare phone than a daily usage, primary phone. Is this one the former or the latter?

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
Yes I am not sure what the electro spark will do, it seems this is more for dead pixels rather than ghost pressing or over sensitivity.
Unfortunately this is primary phone so i need to be careful.
I have done a full back up and am going to do a full factory reset just to see if somehow that makes a difference.
With regards to the rebuild I put the clay material back in correct areas but not sure maybe if too much here and there, therefore holding pressing the back of the screen?
I guess this clay is a heat sink for the chips?
I wonder if i could get away with not having it there?

Upvote 0
Yes I am not sure what the electro spark will do, it seems this is more for dead pixels rather than ghost pressing or over sensitivity.
I have done a full back up and am going to do a full factory reset just to see if somehow that makes a difference.
With regards to the rebuild I put the clay material back in correct areas but not sure maybe if too much here and there, therefore holding pressing the back of the screen?
Did you sort this out ?? As regards heat sink .. Ive torn down and changed the screen in my p
I always replace heat sink with new thermal paste

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones